Membership is open to everyone! You don’t have to live in Frederick County. The Frederick County Sheep Breeders (FCSB) has members from 8 Maryland counties, and a few members from Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, and one member moved to North Carolina. Even have members who do not own any sheep or goats — these members are spinners and weavers.
To Join, use form below or Contact:
Julie George Treasurer, FCSB
3120 Lighthouse Blvd.
Lusby, MD 20657
Membership includes: Listing your farm, your products and services, your photos, and your website on the FCSB website — and being linked to other websites. Plus, the support and interaction with fellow shepherds. And, you can update your farm listing and photos as needed.
When you join the Frederick County Sheep Breeders (FCSB):
- Your farm name, your website, your livestock — sheep, lambs, goats, goat kids, breeding stock; other livestock such as cattle, pigs, chickens, alpacas, horses; plus your farm products, woolen products, roving, yarn, hand-knits, vegetables, eggs, fruit, honey, etc., and the services you provide will be listed on the “Meet Our Members” website.
- Your livestock, products and services are also listed on the “Other Farm Products” tab. There are over 160 categories.
- Plus, it’s easy with the new Search tools — to identify your livestock, products and services. Make sure your “Members” listing is as complete as possible — this helps on the “Other Farm Products” listings.
- FCSB membership is a good resource for information, members assisting each other, referrals, and the marketing of your products and services.
- The FCSB website has a great ability to “search” — folks can type in any person’s name, a farm name, type of livestock, a product, or a service and those farms will be listed.
Members are encouraged to update their website information and photos at any time. The FCSB has many Activities throughout the year. All the Activities are listed in the “Events” tab.
Dues are $25.00 per year by check (or $27.00 if paid using a credit/debit card online via Paypal). This includes the FCSB Directory, published every two years. The next Directory will be for 2021-2022.
Membership Renewals can be made via Paypal. Use PayFCSBA@gmail.com to make your payment.