Feel free to contact any of the Board Members and Committees
2019-2020 Board of Directors
- Patricia Sanville, President — (Budding Creek Farm) — 240-357-1437 — PatriciaSanville@gmail.com
- Polly Matzinger, Vice President — (Ambling Brook Farm) — 240-444-2047 — AmblingBrookFarm@gmail.com
- Julie George, Treasurer – (Julie’s Handspun Yarns) – 703-201-2924 – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Karren Sowell, Secretary — 240-793-9135 — email@example.com
- Keegan Dayton – (Stonewall Lincolns) – 443-632-6480 – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mary Ellen Clark – (Clark Family Farm) – 240-367-6508 – email@example.com
- Dawn Viands – (Grindstone Ridge Farm) – 301-908-5985 – firstname.lastname@example.org
All members are encouraged to assist with something during the year.
Publication of Membership Directory: Dawn Viands, and FCSB Board
FCSB Facebook: Lisa Check (Flying Goat Farm), Patty Sanville (Budding Creek Farm)
Nominating Committee for 2-year Board Terms: Emily Chamelin
Website Development: Dawn Viands, and Patty Sanville, Polly Matzinger, Donald Huscha
More information about each Event is in the Events section of the website.
Sheepman Supply Open House:
Second Saturday in February: discounts on supplies, free pancake breakfast
Frederick County Ag. Week – late February:
Patty Sanville (Budding Creek Farm. Ag. Week is held at the FSK Mall in Frederick.
Spring & Fall Farm Tours:
Debra Drake (Tweedside Farm). Held on a Sunday afternoon in April and October.
Rose Hill Manor Easter Egg Roll:
April, the Saturday before before Easter Sunday.
Rose Hill Farm Museum Open Houses:
Spring Open House, in April; and Fall Open House in early October.
Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival:
First full weekend in May: Many members volunteer, many show sheep & show fleeces, some members have vendor booths.
Youth Skillathon at MS&WF:
Summer Picnic at a member’s farm:
Sunday afternoon, around the third Sunday in June.
Frederick City, the 2nd. Saturday in September. Many hand spinner members provide demonstrations and sell their products.
The Great Frederick Fair – mid September:
Many folks are involved. Barbara Mullen (Little Creek Farm) is the Open Class Sheep Superintendent
4-H Fitting and Showing Awards at the County Fair: Patricia Sanville and Karren Sowell
4-H Supreme Champion Bred & Owned Ram and Bred & Owned Ewe Awards: Patricia Sanville and Karren Sowell
Premier Exhibitor Wool Breeds Award – Premier Exhibitor Meat Breeds Award: open to Frederick County Residents, or Members of the FCSB.
Shepherds Lead and Decorated Lamb Event and Awards: Stephanie Ransom (Lilac Ridge) and Charlotte Dutton (Blue Rock Farm), plus judges for each event.
Annual Dinner – first Friday in November – held at Dutch’s Daughter Restaurant, in Frederick, MD:
Master of Ceremony: Dahl Drenning (Lock’s View Farm)
Shepherd of the Year Award: Committee of prior recipients of the Award.
Door Prizes for the Annual Dinner: Charlotte Dutton (Blue Rock Farm)
Pete Creamer Memorial Shearing Scholarship: Emily Chamelin