A County Fair is the culmination of dedication and hard work by 4-H’ers in raising, developing, and showing their 4-H project animals.
The Frederick County Sheep Breeders supports and provides awards for the following 4-H Sheep Events and Open Class Events:
1. The four 4-H Fitting and Showmanship Classes, cash awards in each.
2. The 4-H Breed Shows for: Cheviot, Dorset, Hampshire, Natural Colored, Romney, Shropshire, Southdown, Suffolk, Other Wool Breeds, and Other Meat Breeds.
3. The Bred and Owned 4-H Supreme Champion Ram (best 4-H Ram over all breeds shown).
4. The Bred and Owned 4-H Supreme Champion Ewe (best 4-H Ewe over all breeds shown).
5. The Open Class — Premier Exhibitor Banner — Champion Wool Breeds, Flock of 5 sheep. Show and award presented Tuesday afternoon, Sept. 15th.
6. The Open Class — Premier Exhibitor Banner — Champion Meat Breeds, Flock of 5 sheep. Show and award presented Wednesday afternoon, Sept. 16th.
7. The Decorated Lamb Show and Shepherd’s Lead Show, Wednesday evening.
Dente Brasher is the 4-H Sheep Superintendent. Barbara Mullen is the Open Class Sheep Superintendent. Other Superintendents are: David Fuss and Ashley Travis. Donald & Sharron Pilson are the announcers and assist in the show ring. Plus, many, many FCSB families assist in the Sheep and Goat Barns during Fair Week.
The Fair dates are Sept. 15 to 23, 2017.
Dutch’s Daughter. The 2017 FCSB Annual Dinner will again be held at Dutch’s Daughter, in Frederick — Friday evening, November 3 — starting with the Social Meet & Greet at 6:00 pm — dinner at 7:00 pm.
Dinner Announcements: Patty Sanville, the FCSB Secretary, sends EVITE annual dinner announcement to all Members. Please RSVP that you will be attending the dinner, — or RSVP your regrets that you will not be attending the annual dinner — and that you will mail your 2018 dues — $25.00 per family. An accurate dinner count is required by Nov. 1st.
Dinner Payment. Adults: $25.00. Children: $18.75. You can pay for your dinner and your 2018 FCSB membership dues at the door.
If you are not attending the dinner: (1) As a courtesy, please reply with your Regrets. (2) Please mail your 2018 membership dues to Dawn Richardson, FCSB Treasurer. Dues are the same, $25.00 per year/per family — and includes your farm listing in the 2017-2018 Directory — and your farm listing on the FCSB website.
Cash Bar & Appetizers. There will again be a cash bar and appetizers.
Pianist. A pianist will play during the evening — allowing more time to socialize and meet fellow shepherd’s who you likely see only once a year.
6:00 pm: Social Meet & Greet.
7:00 pm: Buffet Dinner — Carved Top Round, Atlantic Salmon, Dutch’s Special Chicken, Twice Baked Potato, Vegetables, and two types of pie — chocolate mouse and key lime pie.
Master of Ceremony: Dahl Drenning (Lock’s View Farm) is the MC.
Remarks by special guests.
9th. Annual 2017 Shepherd of the Year: Presentation by Debra Drake, FCSB Vice President and her committee. Past recipients are listed in the Annual Dinner Program, in the 2017-2018 FCSB Directory, and on the FCSB website.
Entertainment. Pianist playing background music during the evening.
Those all important Door Prizes: Contact Charlotte Dutton (Blue Rock Farm), 301-898-0902, with your door prize contributions. Email Charlotte at: email@example.com
Check out the Dutch’s Daughter website. Photo is the large banquet room we use. There is an elevator to the 2nd. floor dining room.
Website: Dutch’s Daughter Restaurant