A County Fair is the culmination of dedication and hard work by 4-H’ers in raising, developing, and showing their 4-H project animals.
The Frederick County Sheep Breeders supports and provides awards for the following 4-H Sheep Events and Open Class Events:
1. The four 4-H Fitting and Showmanship Classes, cash awards in each.
2. The 4-H Breed Shows for: Cheviot, Dorset, Hampshire, Natural Colored, Romney, Shropshire, Southdown, Suffolk, Other Wool Breeds, and Other Meat Breeds.
3. The Bred and Owned 4-H Supreme Champion Ram (best 4-H Ram over all breeds shown).
4. The Bred and Owned 4-H Supreme Champion Ewe (best 4-H Ewe over all breeds shown).
5. The Open Class — Premier Exhibitor Banner — Champion Wool Breeds, Flock of 5 sheep. Show and award presented Tuesday afternoon, Sept. 15th.
6. The Open Class — Premier Exhibitor Banner — Champion Meat Breeds, Flock of 5 sheep. Show and award presented Wednesday afternoon, Sept. 16th.
7. The Decorated Lamb Show and Shepherd’s Lead Show, Wednesday evening.
Dente Brasher is the 4-H Sheep Superintendent. Barbara Mullen is the Open Class Sheep Superintendent. Other Superintendents are: David Fuss and Ashley Travis. Donald & Sharron Pilson are the announcers and assist in the show ring. Plus, many, many FCSB families assist in the Sheep and Goat Barns during Fair Week.
The Fair dates are Sept. 15 to 23, 2017.